05 Feb Disability care for self managed NDIS
Podiatry treatment has an important role to play in improving the quality of life of people living with disabilities. We understand how important comfort and mobility is to the individual and their families.
The Foot Studio works alongside NDIS Plan Managers and other Health Practitioners to coordinate the best possible treatment plans and outcomes.
The Foot Studio is wheelchair friendly with large open spaced rooms. A lift is also available for our first floor access.
Some of our Clients diagnoses
We provide services to people of all ages and all disabilities. Client diagnoses we are able to support include but are not limited to:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Friedreich’s Ataxia
- Intellectual disability
- Joubert syndrome
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia
Podiatric Treatment Interventions may include:
- Splints and braces for the foot and ankle
– Custom made ankle braces – a 3D scan is taken of the ankle and a customised ankle brace is designed and fitted to suit the individual ankle. This brace is a ‘low bulk’ option often used instead of traditional ankle-foot orthotic braces which are known to be bulky. A customised device allows for comfort and ease of fitting around positional ankle deformities. This brace can also be designed to help with foot drop and ground clearance during walking.
– Custom Made foot orthoses (orthotic shoe inserts)
- Footwear fitting and education. Our Podiatrists have a range of different footwear brands to choose from to suit a range of different foot types. We also liaise closely with local shoe stores to ensure you get the best fit for your feet – regardless of differing foot sizes and shapes. Our Podiatrists measure and fit all foot types.
- Nail and skin treatment – toenail cutting, corns, callus. Often, it can be difficult for clients with disabilities to reach their feet or have the dexterity required for fine self-care such as toenail trimming
- Fungal and bacterial infections of the skin and nails
- Wound care of the foot and ankle
If you are a plan manager and would like to get in touch with one of our Podiatrists please contact us on
or you can book an initial appointment here